An Interview is basically a conversation between a job applicant i.e. interviewee and a representative of an employer i.e. interviewer. It can be structured,semi-structured, or unstructured. Interviews can be face to face, Telephonic, Video Conferencing/Video call through skype, WhatsApp, Online interview. Nowadays due to this corona pandemic, various other mediums like telephonic, video, and online interviews have become the most useful methods of screening for the employers.
Today I want to discuss the dos and don’ts of preparing an interview.
- Always search the company website properly
- Research about the industry
- Prepare about your USPs (unique selling points)
- Prepare for the common interview questions
- Note down your queries
- Always end the interview in a positive note
- Be positive and think positive
- Dress properly
- Speak with the right body language
- Don’t say any negative thing.
- Try to avoid saying negative about previous employers
- Don’t be late
- Be interactive, but don’t interrupt or dominate the interviewer
- Don’t lie about anything
- Don’t try to negotiate the salary before you select in the final interview
Thanks and regards,