The CTO will work across all key departments to attain the company’s strategic goals, including setting business requirements, assessing and improving application architecture, and ensuring the implementation of market-leading design. They will communicate with staff, executives, and users to ensure the company’s technologies are used appropriately and optimally.
Proven experience packaging open source technology for use within enterprise and/or consumer applications is essential, as is the ability to effectively translate technical terminology to all stakeholders. This person should be visionary, understand industry-wide best practices and current innovations, and display credibility and excitement – particularly in lending expertise to a high-performing and expanding team.
- Provide strategic guidance of all technology and engineering-related decisions, including product roadmap, to maximize the company’s future growth and profitability
- Evaluate and evolve current application architecture and aid in decision-making aimed at developing a more seamless, scalable product. This will include a product rebuild.
- Oversee the hiring and management of all technology-related staff, consultants, and 3rd party vendors (engineers, data scientists, IT personnel, QA testing resource, etc.)
- Setting a vision for how technology including AI, ML, etc. will be used in the company.
- Implement technology solutions and development tools that may improve efficiency and effectiveness of all Departments, and in a fashion that supports the company’s KPIs, mission and values.
- Implement information security standards/policies, including running audits and document security procedures
- Lead writing and management of software related documentation
- Devise an application deployment strategy, including guidance of DevOps and hosting server infrastructure
- Make recommendations for product improvements, and any other innovations that could be beneficial within any/all company departments and projects, based on technological research
- Analyze and report on opportunities and risks for delivering the company’s services, including identification of competitive services, product and enhancement requirements, opportunities for innovation, and assessment of marketplace obstacles and technical hurdles to the business success
- Identify technology trends and evolving social behavior that may support or impede the success of the business. Evaluate and identify appropriate technology platform
- Expertise in front-end development for web, iOS, and Android,
- Proficiencyin at least one mobile application development framework, including ReactNative, SWIFT, or JAVA
- Familiarity with blockchain protocols
- Experience building hybrid and native mobile applications, and launching/taking commercial mobile apps to market
- Superb communication skills and experience working with remote team members
- Ability to actively communicate, inspire and motivate all levels of staff.
- Ability to think and act strategically and proactively
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- B.Tech with at least 10 years’ experience in the Information Technology arena, at least 5 years management and strategic experience in this field