A Sr. Developer is responsible for writing clean and flawless code to produce fully functional modules or apps according to the requirements, as part of day-to-day work. A Sr. Developer is expected to possess expert level knowledge of Force.com platform and an analytical mindset with a keen eye for detail.
Responsibilities and Duties
A Sr. Developer needs to conduct following responsibilities at work –
- Billability of at least 40 hours per week (Utilization Target). Resource needs to ensure that assigned hours are utilized on each project
- Set best practices including integration and application development, deployment, testing (unit and systems), and iterative refinement
- Perform and plan code reviews with developers on a consistent cadence
- Perform thorough analysis on requirements i.e.
- Obtain a deep understanding of the desired output
- Check whether the implementation is possible or not, respecting the Salesforce environment’s limitations or governors
- Evaluate whether stated requirement (or a part) can be achieved via configuration before opting for coding
- A successful analysis results in –
- Derivation of all possible use cases
- Identification of any blockers, challenges or risks
- An optimal code design solution of complex requirements
- Thorough impact analysis of the planned development
A Sr. developer must discuss the approach with TL (Technical Lead)/TM (Technical Manager) or an onshore TA and finalize the ETAs.
- Develop high quality scalable code by
- Following Salesforce.com and the client standards/best practices
- Leverage recommended frameworks (ex. Test framework or Trigger framework)
- Write comprehensive test code asserting all possible use cases
- Perform thorough unit tests
- Fix all bugs reported from QA/UAT
- Work on deployments through recommended tools and methodologies.
- Time bound R&D for any unknown or newer areas
- Developing reusable code components in a project
- Mentor, assist and review peer developers within the teams
- Document design and architecture
5.Follow Dev-ops processes i.e.
- Use recommended IDEs
- Ensure daily code check-in/check-out
- Stay in compliance with code review feedback points shared by TL (Technical Lead)/TM (Technical Manager).
6.Facilitate proactive communication with project/product teams i.e.
- Use all relevant channels (Emails, JIRA, Slack or Zoom meetings)
- Be in sync with sprint/project/product teams
- Share your plan of action during the start of your day
- Send DSRs by end of the day
- Ensure decent overlap/availability in onshore team’s time zone (whenever required).
- Focus on learning & development by
- Setting goals for the quarter in alignment with the Company goals.
- Constantly perform self-review and identify improvement areas
- Seek timely assistance from Reporting Managers
- Actively contribute on knowledge sharing initiatives and help in skill development of peer developers
- Enhance skills and capability in USABILITY focused development
- Exhibit good interpersonal skills by being a team player, staying approachable and collaborative